By Terry A. Rondberg, DC
The medical and pharmaceutical industries are highly motivated to push for vaccine usage to gain more power and earn more money. But they are equally motivated to pressure the chiropractic profession, by dictating to doctors of chiropractic how they can and cannot practice, and making it difficult (if not impossible) for patients to choose chiropractic care.
We’ve been in denial too long, convinced that this cannot happen, but we must face reality NOW. It is happening and the situation is deteriorating. Unless the trend reverses, chiropractors can face criminal charges and jail time for providing subluxation correction, caring for asymptomatic patients, and adjusting anyone under age 18.
Let’s be honest! I am unsure if we can act at this point because it may be too late. But I certainly will continue trying to stop this train until I take my last breath.
The first item on our agenda is to dig deep inside ourselves and find the courage to take a stand and act. This isn’t easy or without risk. The World Chiropractic Alliance has discovered this during its two decades of taking bold stands. But we’re not here to win popularity contests with the medical industry or acceptance by the pharmaceutical companies. We’re here to fight for our right to practice chiropractic. We can accomplish this by conducting the following:
- Educate the public. Tell the chiropractic story loudly and often. Write letters to your newspaper editors explaining why people should protest forced vaccines. Get the facts from the World Chiropractic Alliance (www.worldchiropracticalliance.org) or NVIC (www.nvic.org) websites and widely distribute the information. Include vaccine facts in your office newsletters.
- Fund the NVIC. Provide a generous donation to the National Vaccine Information Center (www.nvic.org). They are the most valuable resource we have for educating the public and fighting mandatory vaccines.
- Support chiropractic research. The lack of scientific evidence is the top criticism against chiropractic. Support research journals like the Journal of Vertebral Subluxation Research (www.jvsr.com) or research and clinical science projects. If we can prove that chiropractic helps strengthen the immune system, we can offer it as a scientifically proven natural alternative to vaccines.
- Donate to the Chiropractic Anti Defamation Fund. Help pay for efforts to raise awareness about chiropractic and fight attacks directed towards the profession. Visit the CADF online donation page.
- Join the WCA. If you’re a member of another chiropractic organization, ask if it’s doing enough to fight for you and your patients’ rights. If you are not a member of any group then it’s time to take a stand on the issues and become a chiropractic “freedom fighter.”
Take action NOW. You will not be able to do so once you are behind bars.